McCormick founded and wrote the Level 1 certification curriculum for the Youth Basketball Coaching Association to assist non-profit organizations with the development of their volunteer coaches and to disseminate information for coaches.
McCormick developed the Playmakers Basketball Development League and wrote Playmakers: the Player’s Guide to Developing Basketball Intelligence to provide an age-appropriate league alternative focused on fun, learning and development for younger players.
McCormick also created the 180 Shooter Practice and Shot Tracker programs to enable more deliberate practice and coach/player communication.
McCormick has published 15 books, including Cross Over: The New Model of Youth Basketball Development; Developing Basketball Intelligence; Hard2Guard: Skill Development for Perimeter Players; Blitz Basketball; 180 Shooter; Brian McCormick’s Hard2Guard Player Development Newsletters Vol. 1-5 and more.
McCormick’s coaching career includes stops at the youth, high school, college and professional levels:
- Head Coach, Men’s Basketball: Lemvig Basket; Lemvig, Denmark
- Head Coach, Men’s Basketball: UCD Marian; Dublin, Ireland
- Head Coach, Women’s Basketball: Visby Ladies; Visby, Sweden
- Head Coach, Boys Freshmen Basketball: East High School (UT)
- Head Coach, Girls’ Varsity Basketball: San Diego Jewish Academy
- Head Coach, Girls’ Junior Varsity Basketball: University High School (Irvine, CA)
- Head Coach, Boys’ u9 AAU Basketball: HoopMasters Los Angeles
- Head Coach, Girls’ Middle School Basketball: Notre Dame Academy (Los Angeles, CA)
- Assistant Coach, Men’s Basketball: U.C. Santa Cruz
- Assistant Coach, Women’s Basketball: Santa Monica College
- Assistant Coach, Women’s Basketball: Mt. Hood Community College
- Assistant Coach, Boys’ Varsity Basketball: Brentwood School
- Assistant Coach, Girls’ u10 AAU Basketball: Santa Monica Surf
- Assistant Coach, Girls’ u14 AAU Basketball: Norcal Sparx
- Assistant Coach, Girls’ u-10-12 AAU Basketball: HoopMasters
McCormick has conducted clinics throughout the United States and in Canada, China, Ghana, Greece, India, Macedonia, Morocco, South Africa, and Trinidad & Tobago. He also has worked individually and in groups with dozens of players from beginners to high school and college All-Americans to professional and National Team players.
He is available for clinics, camps and small-group training. Contact him here.